The following Admission Policy is formulated in compliance with the provisions of Section 18(3) of PMC Act 2020 and PMC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education Regulations 2022-23, for admission of students to Peshawar Dental College in First year BDS.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA- AS PER PAKSITAN MEDICAL COMMISSION RULES :
Following mandatory criteria of PMC will be strictly followed for admission in BDS program:
- Have Passed MDCAT as per PMC Regulation, 2022
- Obtained a Higher Secondary School Certificate qualification ("HSSC") (Pre-Medical) or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan and having obtained sixty percent (60%) marks therein, or a higher/lower percentage as may be notified by the PMC
- Passed the subjects of biology and chemistry and either physics or mathematics in the examination of the Higher Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan.
- As per Public Notice by Pakistan Medical Commission for candidates who has qualified FSc (Pre-Medical)/HSSC or Equivalent exam 2021 can apply for admission in Medical/Dental college for the session 2022-23 but only their ELECTIVE SUBJECT MARKS & percentage will be considered for merit calculation.
- The candidates who has passed 2021-22 MDCAT can also apply for admission in MBBS & BDS for the Session 2022-23. Provided he had passed MDCAT by securing 65% marks. (which ever is highest attained result)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN / OVERSEAS QUOTA SEATS
Holds a permanent foreign nationality or dual nationality or overseas Pakistani student who has studies and passed HSSC 12th grade examination or equivalent from outside Pakistan and has stayed in the foreign country for the whole duration of the above-mentioned course on a Permanent Residence Permit.
Reference: Foreign/Overseas Quota Seats
WEIGHTAGE of S.S.C, HSSC & MDCAT AS PER PMC CRITERIA:
- Matric 10%
- HSSC or equivalent 40%
- MDCAT 50%
- Admissions will be made strictly on merit basis.
- In case more than one student is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age will be considered higher in merit.
- After the display of final list of admitted students, if there is any vacant seat, next student on merit in the waiting list will be offered admission against the vacant seat.
Pakistan Medical Commission
PMC Medical and dental undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Policy and Regulations 2022-23
5. Admissions Process for Private Colleges
(16) A student when accepting admission to a college shall be under an obligation to disclose to the college if a prior admission has been accepted by them to any other college, and such student shall prior to accepting such latter admission must in writing inform the prior college of cancellation of their acceptance with a copy to the designated email of the Authority. Failure by a student to cancel the prior acceptance of admission shall render all admission offers of the student as void and the student shall be ineligible for admission. All colleges shall ensure that they properly apprise and educate the applicant students of this provision as part of their admissions policy, prospectus and at the time of making an offer of admission.
- The applications through online portal of the college shall be accepted for the scrutiny and calculation of merit as per Pakistan Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education Regulations 2022-23.
- The applicant will be responsible to provide/upload passed MDCAT, SSC and HSSC or equivalent examination results prior to the last date of admissions as specified on the College website.
- The applicants shall be responsible to provide the following documents by uploading to the college website before the closing date:
- S.S.C / IBCC certificate
- HSSC or IBCC
- MDCAT Result
- Domicile Certificate
- CNIC / Form ‘B’ of Applicant and Father
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of Passport (for foreign applicants only)
- It is the responsibility of all applicants to visit our website https://pdc.prime.edu.pk for updated information.
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through college website and their cell number provided by the applicant.
- All selected applicants and their parent/guardian, will be required to submit an affidavit on judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100/- duly attested by a notary, (specimen will be provided at the time of admission).
Admission Offer will be treated as provisional subject to verification of all original documents, medical fitness and fee deposit within the stipulated period.
- The students will be invited for the interviews, at Peshawar Dental College, which will be mandatory. Only those appearing in the interview and falling in the merit, will be issued an offer letter.
Note: Students are supposed to bring all their original Academic documents, MDCAT and CNIC of Student and Father.
For further clarification (including foreign/overseas seats), please see Chapter II, Admissions of Pakistan Medical Commission, Medical & Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Regulations 2022-23
Note: Online submission of results and certificates of Matric, FSc and MDCAT is sole responsibility of the student latest by 12th January 2023 (02:00 pm) failing to this will lead to disqualification.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Last date for online submission of application form is extended to 12-01-2023 (02:00 pm).
Display of Provisional Merit List January 12, 2023, after 03:00 pm.
Submission of objection regarding Provisional merit list January 13, 2023, till 02:00 pm.
Display of Final merit list January 13, 2023, after 03:00 pm.
PAYMENT OF COLLEGE FEE
- The selected applicants shall be bound to deposit fee within three working days failing which the admission offer shall automatically stand withdrawn and next candidate on merit will be issued admission offer.
- For subsequent professional years, if a student fails to deposit the fee/dues within the stipulated period, the following will be the penalty:
- Rs 1,000 per day for the 1st 15 days’ delay
- Rs 2,000 per day from 16th day
- After expiry 30 days of the due date for payment of fee / other dues, the Principal is empowered to debar the student from classes, ban to mark attendance and avail any sort of college facilities including library as well as appearing in the examinations. Meanwhile, the Principal will initiate disciplinary proceedings against the defaulter by serving notice of removal from the college to the defaulting student and their guardians. After completing all legal formalities including providing opportunity of being heard, final outcome to be communicated duly endorsed to all concerned departments and student will be liable to be expelled in light of Clause 9 sub clause 5 of PMC Admission Regulation 2022-23.
- If a student after having obtained admission seeks either to leave the Programme / college or transfer to other college in the middle of the academic session, the college shall have the right to adjust the tuition fee already paid on prorata basis along with penalty up to 10% of Annual tuition Fee.
- All government taxes, University charges, regulatory body charges will be charged to the student on actual basis subject to change by the concerned authority from time to time.
- To claim income tax waiver, the parent/guardian/financier of the student will be liable to provide evidence and latest Income Tax Return as required under Tax Laws.
- Fee shall be paid through Pay Order, or Fund Transfer and Cash shall not be accepted by the College.